About Asian Institute For Distance Education
AIDE IN PERSPECTIVE
The Asian Institute for Distance Education was established in April, 1984, as a project of the Filipinas Foundation. Initially, it offered a two-year course, the Associate in Arts, and a baccalaureate program, the Bachelor of Arts, with majors in English, Economics, History, Sociology and Political Science. In February, 1985, it was authorized by the Bureau of Higher Education to offer the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, major in Management.
In 1988, AIDE spun off from Filipinas Foundation and was incorporated as an educational foundation.
The Bachelor of Arts program with the various majors was converted in 2005 to the Bachelor of Arts in English, and the Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, thus phasing out the other major programs.
Thus, AIDE is now offering the following program:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Marketing Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Business Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Financial Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Operations Management
- Bachelor of Arts in English Language
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
In June, 2004, AIDE was authorized by the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation to accept foreign students, subject to its rules and regulations.
To provide quality higher education to persons, who, because of time, space, work, physical or medical reasons, cannot avail themselves of regular schooling.
The Asian Institute for Distance Education Foundation Inc. is a leading institution in the field of distance education in higher education in the Philippines.
To provide college education to persons who are unable to avail themselves of the formal or conventional system due to time, space, work or physical constraints.